If you are a vegetarian and you are not able to meet your daily protein intake, then this article is definitely going to work for you. We will talk about food in this article that will help you complete your daily protein intake. Here we are going to talk about soya chunks, which is a high protein vegetarian food.
Here we will also share some Soya Chunks recipes or Soya bean recipe. We will not share a detailed recipe here but just give an overview.
Vegetarian people have difficulty completing their daily protein intake, as there are very few high protein source food options in vegetarian food. Soya chunk is a high protein vegetarian food source that will help you fulfil your daily protein requirement.
So let’s see its nutritional value.
Note: Keep in mind that whatever soya chunks nutrition facts we will talk about here will be according to uncooked soya chunks nutritional value per 100 gm.
Soya Chunks nutrition
Calories in Soya Chunks:
If you eat 100 grams of Soya Chunks, you get 375 calories. You may feel that it contains a lot of calories, but most of its calories come from protein and carbs because it contains plenty of protein and decent carbs.
But you do not have to be afraid of soya chunks calories because you do not have to take 100 gm. You can take as much amount as you need according to your daily calorie intake.
Protein in Soya Chunks:
Now, if we talk about Soya Chunks Protein, then plenty of protein is found in it. You get 52 gm of protein in soya chunks if you eat 100 gm of it. So if you are vegetarian or vegan and cannot complete your daily protein intake, it will help you complete your daily protein requirement.
Carbs in Soya Chunks:
If we talk about carbs, then in 100 gm, you get 33 gm of carbs. If we see, the amount of carbs in it is not very much. You can include it in a fat loss or low carbs diet.
Fat in Soya Chunks:
In this, you get very little fat. If you take 100 gm of this, you get 0.5 gm fat. So as I said above, in this, you mainly get calories from protein and carbs.
And not only this, but it is also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, calcium and iron.
Health Benefits of Soya Chunks.
If we talk about soya chunks benefits, then it has many benefits. But here we will talk about some most important benefits.
- As I said above, it contains a lot of protein, which helps you in muscle building.
- It is also a rich source of calcium that helps you to keep your bones strong.
- As I said above, it has plenty of omega-3 fatty acids that help you fight depression and anxiety. Omega-3 fatty acid also improves brain health and decreases the risk of heart diseases.
- It also helps in reducing your bad cholesterol, due to which you have heart health.
- It contains a good amount of fibre that helps you to keep full for a longer period.
Disadvantages of eating Soya Chunks:
There are basically two major disadvantages of eating it.
- Eating more soy products increase the amount of estrogen in your body, due to which you may have a lot of health issues like weight gain, muscle loss, bloating, acne, mood swings, etc.
- It is high in protein, so if you consume more soy products, your uric acid may also increase. Increased uric acid can cause liver damage and pain in your joints.
So if you eat soy, do not eat too much. You can eat 30-50 gm soya every day.
Soya Chunks Recipes.
Now people start eating anything in the name of soya like Soya chunks fry, soya sticks, etc. So you do not have to eat all these things because they will harm your body.
We have shared some simple and healthy soya chunks recipes here.
- Take 50 gm soya chunk and boil them into hot water. When it boils, then sieve it well.
- Then put one tablespoon of oil in the pan and fry the soya in it.
- And add some salt and black pepper to it. And now it is ready to eat.
Note: If you cannot make measurements of soya chunk, then in the market, you will get 50-100 gm Nutrela soya chunks or any other brand packets. You will also find Soya Chunks Nutrition Facts on the back of those packets.
This is a very simple recipe. You have to make pulao or biryani and add nutrela soya chunks to it. Trust me, you will like it.
In this way, you can customize your meals with soy chunks to make different tasty and healthy dishes.