In this article, you will learn everything about Curd and Curd Nutrition. Curd is the world’s most popular dairy product that has been eaten for thousands of years. Curd is also called Dahi in India. The curd or dahi is made by coagulating the milk through a process called curdling.
So now let’s see curd nutrition facts or dahi nutrition in detailed.
Now let’s talk about calories in curd, more people are anxious about taking calories, and most want to know how many calories they are getting from which food. So if you eat 100 gm curd, then you get 98 calories. It means that you should not worry about calories while eating curd because you get very few calories in curd.
You get fewer calories in curd, but its protein content is very high. If you eat 100 gm of curd, then you get about 11 gm of protein. And the protein in curd is a complete protein. It contains all the amino acids in it. It has two proteins present: casein protein and whey protein, which includes 70% casein protein and 30% whey protein.
The amount of carbs in curd is less. If you eat 100 gm carbs, you get about 3.4 gm of carbs containing 2.7 gm of sugar.
Now let’s talk about the fat content in curd, like carbs, the amount of fats in curd is less. If you eat 100 gm of curd, then you will get about 4.3 gm of fat.
Now let’s see the complete curd nutrition facts:
Curd nutritional value per 100 gm
|Total Fat 4.3 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1.7 g||8%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0.8 g|
|Cholesterol 17 mg||5%|
|Sodium 364 mg||15%|
|Potassium 104 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber 0 g||0%|
|Sugar 2.7 g|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Vitamin A||2%||Vitamin C||0%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||0%|
Health benefits of eating curd:
There are lots of benefits of eating curd but we are going to discuss only few important curd benefits:
- Probiotic: Probiotic is a type of living bacteria which is good for our health, especially for our Digestive System. Hence they are also called good bacteria. Many people do not have good digestion, so they use probiotic supplements to improve their gut health. But trust me if you eat curd every day, then there is nothing better probiotic than curd bacteria.
- Improves digestion: The probiotic curd is very helpful in improving our digestion. Just as we saw above, probiotic bacteria are good bacteria which are similar to human gut bacteria. And this is why it helps to keep our gut healthy.
- Strengthen Bones and Teeth:Calcium is very high in Curd, and Calcium helps strengthen your bones and teeth. Along with Calcium, it also contains Vitamin D, which helps in your bone formation. It also has the right amount of phosphorus which allows you to maintain healthy bones.
- Boost Immunity: Curd is one of the best probiotic food. Curd bacteria, which are the good live bacteria in it, increase our white blood cells, due to which we get the strength to fight many diseases.
- Good for heart: If you eat curd every day then it reduces your bad cholesterol. It helps in keeping your cholesterol level balanced, which keeps your heart healthy.
- Weight loss: So now let’s talk about curd for weight loss. Curd is a great source of Calcium, and research has found that Calcium helps in thermogenesis, which helps boost your metabolism. And the better your metabolism, the faster your weight loss will be. Curd is a high protein source food, and due to its high protein content, it does not make you feel hungry fast, and you feel fuller for a long time. And due to less hunger, you do not eat much and consume fewer calories due to which your weight does not increase.
Best time to eat Curd.
Many people have confusion about what is the best time to eat curd? When should they eat curd and when not? Can they eat curd at night? So let’s see the answer. Ayurveda says that curd consumption at night is not suitable for health, eating curd at night leads to mucus development.
But science says that you can eat curd even at night, it will not harm your health. But yes if you are prone to asthma, cough or cold, you must avoid eating curd at night.